Thursday, January 17, 2008

It's the little things.....


When you've got something special, never forget it! That is a chinese proverb, on a bookmark that is in one of the 5 books I am reading. I love little things like bookmarks, and tea cups, and small books that I can put into my purse. What do I have that is special, things (not a word i like so much, things that is) that i never want to forget???? Of course family, my whole family including my extended family in Ohio, that I do not even talk to much, but love just the same. Memories, I think I have special memories...these are "things" that no matter what will never be forgotton. I think the Chinese proverb can pertain to many streams of conscienceness...lets think a bit?? Hmm..Being able to show compassion,and love and understanding, that is special, having a good attitude, in the face of adversity that is special, just qualities on the inside that you can bring to the forefront of your personality, your you, that you can share with the world to make it a better place.

Something special, having health...taking care of you, because there is only one you. Remembering that each and everyperson that you interact with you leave an imprint on. That is special. It's your choice to leave an imprint of lasting good. Brightening someone's day. Smiling at a stranger, making time for your kids when they interupt you for the 900th time...being rewarded for your accomplishments, even if it is just a "hey your doing a great job." I like the "being other than ordinary" definition. Why? Well some would say wow that's weird, which is a negative connotation, better to say, "that's special" I like that better! Don't you?

I would say that I am special, only because I am only one small part of a larger whole which is actually one. We all are special, we all are something special in our lives....Cherish your special...and never forget!

Special is:

Main Entry: 1spe·cial
Pronunciation: \ˈspe-shəl\
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French or Latin; Anglo-French especial, from Latin specialis individual, particular, from species species
Date: 13th century
1: distinguished by some unusual quality; especially : being in some way superior
2: held in particular esteem
3 a: readily distinguishable from others of the same category : unique b: of, relating to, or constituting a species : specific
4: being other than the usual : additional extra
5: designed for a particular purpose or occasion

No comments:

Post a Comment