
What is integrity?
Integrity is the basing of one's actions on an internally consistent framework of principles. Depth of principles and adherence of each level to the next are key determining factors. One is said to have integrity to the extent that everything he does and believes is based on the same core set of values. While those values may change, it is their consistency with each other and with the person's actions that determine his integrity.
The concept of integrity is directly linked to responsibility in that implementation spawning from principles is designed with a specific outcome in mind. When the action fails to achieve the desired effect, a change of principles is indicated. Accountability is achieved when a faulty principle is identified and changed to produce a more useful action.
I like integrity...I want to surround my self with positive, productive, aware individuals, who have integrity and a core consistant framework of principals that I believe in.
I want everyone I work with, are friends with, and associate with to have some sense of integrity...
When I think of my consistant framework of principals...hmm
-Love, Faith, Patience, Courage, Integrity, Honesty, Kindness, Generousity..I would say that I try to be as consistant with that as possible....
I know that I must surround myself with friends, co-workers, family that profess and practice a consistant framework of principals.
Personal values developed early in life may be resistant to change. They may be derived from those of particular groups or systems, such as culture, religion, and political party. However, personal values are not universal; one's genes, family, nation, generation and historical environment help determine one's personal values.
This is not to say that the value concepts themselves are not universal, merely that each individual possess a unique conception of them i.e. a personal knowledge of the appropriate values for their own genes, feelings and experience.
Respecting Personal values of other persons is dignity of that other person.
Do what you say.
Say what you do.
Say Please and Thank you.
Love
Recognize people.
Give of yourself.
"Be Authentic, Practice Forgiveness"
No comments:
Post a Comment