Saturday, April 19, 2008

And I'm Still looking for the Cameras....


Well...today is Saturday morning and I am sitting in my office listening to my BFF recite some chat...and we keep looking for the camera crew.

It must be... because if this is my life and its not on tv....Holy Sh*t...

Reality TV Wikipedia-

Reality Television is a genre of television programming which presents purportedly unscripted dramatic or humorous situations, documents actual events, and features ordinary people instead of professional actors.


The names have NOT been changed to protect the innocent in the following story:

Yesterday in the world of ...And you wonder why?

I had a drive by drop off yesterday for my surgery...my surgery was planned for a week and no one in the family could get there minds wrapped around that..

My son dragged himself out of bed to support me...only to find out.. the only reason that he came with me was because Rob was bringing his paycheck, and he could take the car...(drove myself there, left the car in valet).....My little one was at school...and my oldest...she said she would clean up the house and make sure my bed was all ready when I came home...the sweetheart...but added "oh, but call me when you are on your way home" translation: I will be sleeping until you call me so make sure you call so I can run around for 10 minutes doing what I said I would be doing...Gotta Love em'


So as I was being wheeled into surgery, I hear screetching tires, and out of the corner of my eye, I think i see Rob limping (torn ACL the poor dear), mumbling something under his breath. I can see his mouth moving...but I can't hear him and I'm sure it went something like this: I can't believe I'm here, why did you schedule your breast biopsy in the middle of my work day..what a hassle, I'm starving and this place smells like: (you put in the adjective), & how long is this going to take? To his credit...he is there...in some way or another..

Surgery's over...then my son comes and kisses me and says...Can I have 20$..and is the car filled with gas...and i need the keys..I told him I don't have the keys and we argued for a bit, utill I finally told him that the valet had the keys.

Little did I know while I was in surgery Rob and Berto went to Denny's and had a sitdown restaurant meal...Dr. comes out "Family for Stacy Please" Nope, no one there...might wanna try Denny's across the street..not every day you have an hour to kill and you are across the street from a Denny's... gotta feed that opportunity...

So the meds they gave me made me really sick, and they told me to eat as soon as you can...no problem right..5 family memebers for me at home...well needless to say I ordered a sandwich from a local pub PT's which angered Rob because he had to stop and pick up the food....as we pulled up : "can you get in ok he asked?"...(did I mention his truck has a 20 foot lift and I need a step ladder to get down)...so I get the ladder down attach it to the running boards myself..all the while he's asking me "you got it" "you ok?"...with the food bag in my teeth, holding my left breast, I fold up the ladder....nothing can stop me now...not even the seering pain shooting through my body...I'm almost home...up the drive way..I hear him peel away, and I only hope I remember the access code for the garage...yep I got it!

Slowly I tredge upstairs carrying my sandwich (to sick to eat it) in one hand and my breast in the other...maybe someone will bring me a water if I am lucky in a couple of hours...someone hopefully will check if im breathing....maybe? No such luck...i'ts now 9pm haven't seen anyone, actually I don't think anyone is home...I hear a faint dog barking in the background...maybe the smell of burnt pizza?

Water, Water...I need water...I see a faint outline of a water bottle on the dresser, could be a mirage?...not sure at this point...I pick up my cell phone and dial..Rob...kids...anyone...I'm hungry...and I think I smell a pizza being cremated!

My little one comes up the stairs and brings me a piece of pizza that is cremated on the top, and the bottom well lets just say...soggy...but Victory..i did get my water bottle!

I guess I hear a party going on in the garage...sounds like everyone is having fun...

...Wait this is the point it really gets good...

It's 10:30 pm now..and my oldest wants to go to her boyfriends house...ok..not a problem..

My boy is in the garage with the "party" his friends..and his girlfriend...

I call him to let him know it's time to just come in and relax..(yes my little one is sleeping)

So in comes my son...his girlfriend and his best friend and his girlfriend and one other friend....be a bit quiet, not to mention I should probably get some rest...

Just nodding off at this point and the phone rings...it's about 10:45 pm...it's my oldest, and I can barely understand her with the noise in the background and the yelling...She has called to tell me she is on the way to the hospital (we have frequent flyer miles now there...Marcus the er check nurse knows us well...see previous blogs for more exciting information) her boyfriend broke his arm riding a motorcycle..and he can't get a hold of his father because he is away for the weekend..my little one is still asleep too...and I am at this point still looking for the camera's...this can't be real...

My boy wants to go to the hospital..and that is not going to happen he has a boat load of friends here...Plus he needs to keep an eye on Ray...I drag my sore breast out of bed...and get dressed and take the gas card out because my oldest told me that the car is below empty...I jump in the truck....sh*t...empty..what is it with no gas in the cars???

I get to the Hospital and meet my oldest and her boyfriend and they did and x-ray and ct scan...we are awaiting the results and it is standing room only and there is a newborn screaming her head off not 2 feet from me...and I'm still holding my breast...

The baby is in the er because the baby won't eat...they left the hospital 6 hours ago and are back already... the baby was screaming and screaming..I promply got up..went to the ER desk and asked for a pacifier...they went to the pediactric ER and came back with a new shiny never been opened paci and I walked over to the new destressed parents(not to mention all of the distressed ER patients) and handed them the paci...they looked at me like i was crazy..I told them to open the bag and shove it in her mouth...which they did without question..well it worked...she stopped crying and they were amazed...and then she started nursing....Ta Da...that easy..they thanked me and left so happy...

Back to reality TV..so we were waiting and waiting in the ER waiting room and I was so tired, not to mention Chris holding his arm together..I asked for a bed...and as I walked up...Marcus ( he recognized me) said oh the frequent flyer...go ahead and gave us a room to lay down..OH ALMOST FORGOT..CAN YOU SCAN MY CARD SO I MAKE SURE TO GET THE MILES?

Then I get a phone call...from my son..his friends are fighting and the girls are screaming at eachother, so i get the friends on the phone...and talk to them..but wait my phone is beeping..it's Rob..he just noticed that i wasn't at the house..and he is mad that I am gone..(like i had a choice)and he just adds that there is a lot of comotion going on at the house and he is trying to sleep...OH thank you for reminding me that yes the world does revolve around you....CAMERA'S PLEASE..I KNOW THEY HAVE TO BE FILIMING THIS...

So three kids leave my house after much talking...(yes we are still in the room waiting for results) and I can hang up the phone...I think..

The phone rings again...it's my boy...he is sick and throwing up and has no idea why..he thinks it was the cremated pizza..could be??? Ya think?...I didn't eat it..so I wouldn't know....What can I do for him over the phone...nothing...wake your dad I tell him....He would rather wake a king cobra.. His girlfriend helps him and then he goes to sleep...

Well I know at this point that there is no gas in the car and my oldest is going to drive her boyfriend back home to our house so I (it's 2:30 am now) go across the street to get gas...yes I come back and I missed the Doctor...he had just left, and they were putting Chris in a cast...unbelievable I was gone 10 minutes..waited 3 and a half hours and the doctor comes the 10 minutes I am gone...

So needless to say...I'm tired and oh i still have to get gas in the truck..or I will be pushing the truck home..holding my breast...

I get home crawl up the stairs...fall into bed...(and yes my little one is still sleeping and die...

The camera's are still rolling....AND YOU WONDER WHY?

This is just one day in the world of ...And You Wonder Why? It's my life. And yes..I would have it any other way...sometimes you hear people say..."Oh but i wouldn't have it any other way." They are just big fat liars...I would!

More tomorrow..or the next day or week...we will see...

Found some love quotes in a magazine...why not throw them in for good measure:

"Love makes your soul crawl out from its hiding place." Zora Neale Hurston

(your soul is who you are it is never hidden...)

"You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly." Sam Keen

(I think Sam was pretty keen when he made this one up!)

No comments:

Post a Comment